Have you ever wondered what the difference is between all those labels on the egg cartons? For us, the most important is that our hens are raised on pasture. Keeping the hens in their natural environment where they get sunshine, bugs, and grasses has a host of benefits for the chickens, for us, and particularly for your health. Compared to conventional eggs, pastured eggs have:
- 2-3 times as much vitamin E
- twice as many long-chain omega-3 fats, more than double the total omega-3 fatty acids, and less than half the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids. (Science link).
- 4 to 6 times as much vitamin D
- 1⁄3 less cholesterol and 1⁄4 less saturated fat
- 2⁄3 more vitamin A and 7 times more beta carotene (Science link)